Saturday, July 3, 2010

Reason To Rejoice

Hebrews 10:11-14 "And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: But this man, after he had offered ONE SACRIFICE for sins FOREVER, sat down on the right hand of God; From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified"

There are a few phrases in these verses that thrill my soul.

1. He had offered one sacrifice for sins FOREVER.
2. But this man......sat down on the right hand of God.
3. By one offering he hath perfected FOREVER them that are sanctified.

The Bible teaches the Eternal Security of the Believer. Not because the believer can do anything to keep his Salvation, but the object of our belief has FINISHED the job.

Let me tell you why the aforementioned statements excite me. Jesus offered one sacrifice for sins FOREVER. That means when I got saved, all of my sin (past, present and future) were covered by the blood of this perfect sacrifice. Well, you say, it only covers your sins up until that very point. Future sins are still unaccounted for. Did it ever occur to you that when Jesus died, all of our sins were FUTURE? He died to forgive me of sins that I had not even committed yet. I'm PREFORGIVEN and that excites me. I am not saying that we should ignore I John 1:9, as I believe we should keep short accounts with God, but Praise God ALL OF MY SIN IS FORGIVEN. GONE, removed as far as the East is from the West.

Second, Jesus is SEATED at the right hand of the Father. This means that His job is finished. Do you really think that our Saviour would be seated if the job was incomplete? Just a thought.

Lastly, He hath perfected FOREVER them that are sanctified. When God looks at me, he see me as Perfect, as I am covered by the blood. I am clothed in HIS righteousness, which gives me a perfect standing before the Heavenly Father.

I'll not apply this any further than I already have. Just wanted to share some of the blessing I've received from God's Word - the KING JAMES BIBLE.

No comments: